Archive for February, 2007

Tin Drum

Here’s a nice use of GPS data. Stephen Schulz is using a HP iPAQ equipped with a GPS receiver and running Mediascape to help to power a wearable drummimg machine. More details can be found here.

Sing when your coding

Below is a screenshot of my away and home scripts hurling chants at each other. The home is chanting “who are ya” and the away is responding with “green army”. At the mo I’ve got each one printing the other’s chant just to make sure that the data transfer works but the plan is they’ll […]

Project progress 3

Since my last progress report, things have progressed at quite a steady pace. I’m developing the system using a mix of XHTML MP and PHP. This has meant a bit of a turnaround with my usual way of developing web applications. With the memory of mobile phones being at a premium and the size, or […]

drumThing performance

Today was our performance of the drumThing. We set it all up at around lunchtime (thanks again Benji for your help) and had enough time for a couple of run thru’s. We had a bit of a scare with the quality of the audio but we found that was due to the weight of the […]

It chants!!

You might just be able to read it but the image below is the “away” script with its chant and the response from the “home” code. In case your eye-sight can’t make it out, the away script chants “green army” and the home script responds with “who are ya”. So not to flood my network, […]

Talking to each other some more

I’ve had some success getting the “away” script to talk to the “home” script. Home receives the message and prints it but I can’t get the away to do the same and I can’t see why. I’m getting a response back saying that the message has been delivered so it must be getting there. Unfortunately […]

The drumThing

So, we’ve got a name now and it’s Drum Thing, although I like it as drumThing. And, if that’s not enough, we’ve also decided that we want to do a performance on the day and not just show a video. We will still submit a video from the other day but after chatting about it, […]