More patching and sticking

Jamie came over today and we had a go at recording live samples. Well, we used pre-recorded samples to save her having to lug her drum kit around everytime we want to experiment. Although we couldn’t get the playback to work properly, it was still pretty successful coz using values from bonk we were able to start and stop a recording. We also got a cymbal sample to play backwards which is a pretty amazing sound and definitely something we want to include.

After Jamie left, I finished off my soldering and then sprayed it with a layer of plastic sealant. I think I might also cover it with some insulation tape. The matix didn’t have pots like the last one but some thin copper strips instead and although my soldering passed the Sprott test, I think I’d be happier with giving it as much protection as possible.

2nd keyboard matrix



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>